Thursday, November 20, 2008

THANK YOU! (My Surgery)

Thank You

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the past months. I don't think that my words will ever do enough or reach far enough. It is amazing to think of how many individuals prayed for me and I may not ever know them, their name even. I can just thank them through our wonderful Lord and ask that they may be blessed as I am. I pray that for each of you as well, a blessing. Thank You!

As for my surgery, it went as well as it could possibly go! I went into surgery praying that God would hold my hand to ease my nerves and take my pain, and that he steady the surgeons hands so that what should be would be by His plan. Due to being in such pain for so long prior to surgery, the large amounts of pain medications I was on made for some difficulties for initial recovery. I awoke from surgery in a pain that is indescribable, a pain that opened my heart and still brings tears to my eyes as I think about it. To know that that pain can be felt, to know that there are some that feel greater pain, to know that some are not temporary...that battle may be just beginning. I know now that the Lord has given me a gift. A gift of understanding. Something that I will never forget. The surgery was a wonderful, blessed, success! The surgery took much longer than expected, but it was successfully done through a laproscopic & vaginal hysterectomy. I was able to keep my ovaries to help ward off menopause for a while!! I lost a good amount of blood, but a decision was made that with an existing infection already to battle, aiding me in producing the blood myself would be much safer than a transfusion. And my bladder damage was minimal. I am completely blessed! You see, for every possibility to come out with the best of results....well, that is a result. A result of everyone of you. Every person that took the time to lift my name in prayer. That is why, I can not even begin to create the words to say thank you that would fit my gratitude!
As for my home recovery, I am doing well. With the exception of a cold that caused some problems with coughing, sneezing, and low energy; I am coming along nicely. I was able to find very helpful and wonderful family members and friends to aid in my recover process! From taking on the amazing task of caring for our crazy little ones, bringing a delicious meal, cleaning up our home, to helping me recover in my mountain retreat. We could not have done anything without these loved ones. They know who they are, and I love you. Thank You.

I look forward to seeing everyone very soon!


May the Lord bless each of you!
~Julia

No comments: