2/3 c water 1 lb. ground beef
1/3 cup uncooked white rice 1/4 cup chopped onion
8 cabbage leaves 1 egg, beaten
1 tsp salt 1 can condensed tomato soup
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil, add rice and stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, salted, add cabbage leaves and cook for 2-4 minutes or until softened, drain
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt, pepper, along with 2 tblsp tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
4. divide beef mixture among cabbage leaves, roll and secure with toothpicks.
5. In large skillet over medium heat, place cabbage rolls in and pour remaining tomato soup over top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 min., stirring and basting with liquid often.